Monthly Archives: January 2017
The Accuquilt Go! Baby is a smaller, lighter and more portable version of best selling Accuquilt Go!
One of the benefits of the Accuquilt Go! Baby is its portability. It is very light and easy to carry, making it ideal for taking to quilting groups.
It really is as easy as 1-2-3!
The Go! Baby features:
• Two-Tone Foam™ – making it quick and easy to align fabric over shapes so you can save fabric
• 1/4″ Seam Allowance – Always included in geometric shapes
• Dog-eared Corners – No need to manually clip dog-eared corners
• 90% faster than rotary cutters or scissors
• Accurate cuts every time
• Safe, easy-to-use design helps to reduce hand and arm strain
• Cuts up to 6 layers of 100% cotton fabric at a time
• Unlimited design options with wide selection of GO! dies
• Portable and easy to store (only 8.5 lbs.)
• Double roller design provides clean cuts and the rubber feet grip and hold cutter in place while cutting.
• Easy-lift carrying handle makes it easy to take to classes, guild meetings, retreats and quilting bees.
• Comfortable roller handle grip help avoid wrist, back, shoulder and elbow pain caused by using a rotary cutter.
• The design is innovative and easy to clean with a high gloss exterior surface and a neutral, light-colored work surface.
• Cuts up to 6 layers of fabric – depending on thickness of fabric
• Works with most Accuquilt Go! Dies
GO! Baby Fabric Cutter Starter Set Includes:
• GO! Baby Fabric Cutter
• Two Dies – GO! Tumbler & GO! Flower
• GO! Cutting Mat-6″ x 6″
• 12-page Pattern & Idea Book for your GO!
Order an Accuquilt Go! Baby from Quilt Direct
Once upon a time a very clever quilter called Patricia Pepe launched a company called Quilt Queen Designs to market her amazingly clever rotary tool – the X-Block, a nifty tool that trims ordinary quilting blocks into fabulous new designs.
X-Blocks are square acrylic tools designed for rotary cutting and are available in several sizes. X-Blocks projects start with easy to piece strips or blocks that are sewn together first then you place the X-Blocks template on the strips or blocks, match the seams with the designated line (solid, dash, dotted) to the lines of the tool and trim along the edges with a rotary cutter. Voila! You’ve got X-Blocks! It’s that easy!
X-Box Basix work in the same way as X-Blocks but are specifically designed to work with 2 ½” & 1 ½” fabric strips so it’s perfect for pre-cuts such as JellyRolls™, BaliPops™, Tonga Treats™, Honeybuns™ etc. or you can cut your own strips too. This is a quick and easy way to jump in and try the X-Blocks technique or add X-citing variation to the magic of X-Blocks! We’ve removed the dash and dotted lines so all that’s left is the solid line – so easy – so basic!
Let Patricia herself explain to you how to use this versatile little tool.
Quilt Direct carry a full range of X-Blocks Rulers and X-Blocks Pattern Books.